Calling for Sessions
As ProductCamp 2018 gets closer, here’s a short intro into the Sessions during the day.
You create the program
As you may know, ProductCamp is an unconference – there are no attendees, just participants!
We encourage everyone to contribute and organize a Session. These aren’t traditional presentations, but a discussion between experts, lead by you, the participants, in true unconference style:
- You don’t have to be an expert, can just be a topic you’re interested in.
- Length: 1 hour.
- Short intro/story (5-10 minutes), the rest is for discussion.
- On the day itself, everyone pitches their session and casts their votes for the ones they’d like to attend. The most voted ones will be held throughout the rest of the day.
This is a great way to address topics that are relevant to you and share knowledge with one another.
Calling everyone to host a Session!
If you have a great idea for discussion, if you’re desperate to share your expertise with like-minded people, or if you just have a nice story to tell, please don’t hesitate to host a Session:
- Practice a 2 minute pitch for the plenary morning session.
- Prepare a 5 minute introduction to the topic, so you can spend the rest of the session on the discussion with participants.
- ‘Storytelling’: tell a story of 10 minutes or less on a particular topic
- ‘Birds of a feather’: Informal discussion group with shared interests, no pre-planned agenda
- ‘Presentation+participation’: from Q&A to fully interactive.
- ‘Knowledge cafe’: Facilitator introduces the topic & poses 1-2 key open-ended questions; break into smaller groups to discuss; come together again to discuss their outcomes
- ‘Show & Tell’, e.g. what tools/processes do you use & how to improve?
On the day itself we’ll plan the location and time for all sessions.
Hope you feel inspired and see you March 11th!